Have you ever wondered what it is like for a resident living in a senior living facility? What is their day like? What do they do? Of course, as with every human, it is different for everyone, the below shows a sample schedule of what a day might look like for a senior living in a place like Morningstar Senior Living.
- 8:30AM- Wake up and shower. Get dressed for the day and head down to the lovely group dining room for breakfast.
- 9:00AM- Breakfast with your friends. The menu includes buttermilk pancakes, scrambled eggs with cheese and sausage or bacon. There is also the option each day for oatmeal with bananas, cereal or yogurt with strawberries and blueberries on top. To drink, there is water, orange juice, coffee and tea.
- 10:30AM- On a nice day, there is a stretching class in the sunroom. During this class you will be led in a few stretches that get your blood flowing and relieve any tension or pain you might have in your body. You may also talk about meditation and deep breathing.
- 11:30AM- You have a bit of free time until lunch so you read a book in your room by the window and also water the plants in your window sill.
- 12:30PM- Lunchtime in the dining room. Today’s special is a chicken pot pie full of creamy sauce, tender chicken and sweet vegetables like carrots and peas. If this isn’t what you are in the mood for, there is always the choice of a few different types of soup and some sandwiches. Perhaps a grilled cheese sandwich and tomato soup.
- 2:00PM- Movie viewing in the theater. You and other residents will vote on some of your favorite old movies to watch today. Popcorn and a few candy treats will also be provided!
- 4:00PM- After the movie, you head to the activity room to meet a few of your friends for your daily game of bridge. You will generally play for a few hours until dinner, when you will all go back downstairs to the dining room and continue your conversation.
- 6:00PM- Dinner tonight at the senior living facility is pot roast and mashed potatoes. It’s a filling dish full of tender pork and vegetables all piled over creamy potatoes. You will want to make sure you save room for dessert: a slice of flaky apple pie with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
- 7:30PM- You and a few friends decide to watch a little television before retiring upstairs for bed. There are numerous televisions in the facility so you can always find something to watch whether it be the news or a funny sitcom.
- 8:30PM- You head to your room where you get a call from your grandchildren. You talk to them for a bit before getting into bed to finish your book.
This gives a brief idea of what a day is like for someone living in a respite care center. The days are fun and filled with things designed to promote overall wellness, health and happiness for all residents.