If you are considering getting braces in order to correct crooked teeth or crowded teeth, then you will want to consider the pros and cons that come along with using traditional braces over newer technologies such as Invisalign. Traditional braces have come a long way since the mouthful of metal and wires that you may think of if you are an adult considering adult braces. They are actually far more indiscreet then they used to be and are even clear in some instances.
There are also many options now that come along with finding the right braces for your needs. You will want to carefully weigh out the pros and cons that come along with braces and finding the right braces for your needs. Listed here are the pros and cons for choosing braces for your adult orthodontic needs.
Here are the pros that come along with choosing braces over Invisalign:
- They have long lasting results. Braces have long lasting results which means that they have been around long enough to prove that they are effective in the long run.
- They are proven to work. Not only are they proven to work in the long run but they are also proven to work in the short term as well. They have been around for a long time and will straighten your teeth even if you have an extreme case.
- They are more indiscreet then they used to be. Another great reason to use braces is that they aren’t as obvious as they used to be. Braces look much better than they used to as they are now clear and don’t stand out as much as their older versions.
- They may require shorter time periods to work then some of the newer technologies.
Here are the cons that come along with choosing braces:
- They are hard to clean. One of the cons with using braces is that they are hard to clean. As opposed to some other options, braces cannot be removed. This means that you may have to try and clean your teeth with your braces on each night. This will also mean that you will have to have a restricted food list in order to keep food from getting stuck in your braces.
- They can be uncomfortable. When you have metal attached to your mouth, then it can be uncomfortable at times!
- They may cause you to become self conscious.
As you can see, there are both pros and cons that come along with choosing to use adult braces as an adult for your teeth straightening needs. If you need to straighten your teeth as an adult, then you will want to be sure that you have gone over all of your options with your orthodontist in order to be sure that you choose the best option for you and your particular case. You can start by reaching out to the experts over at Amazing Smiles Orthodontics. They are the leading experts in orthodontics and can help you with all of your orthodontic needs right away.