If you are a business owner and need to find a new web design company, this article will help guide you through the difficult process of finding the right web design company to meet your goals. Finding a web designer that you like and that can take your business goals and transform them into a website that works for you can be a tricky task.
- Look at their portfolio: A good place to start once you have done some initial research and found a handful of web design companies that you like is to look through their portfolio of past clients. Pay attention to what types of businesses they generally represent- this will help you to determine whether or not they will understand your clientele. For example, if you are a non profit, you may want a web designer that understands what a non-profit may hope to achieve through a website. Similarly, if you work in e-commerce, you will want to select a company that has e-commerce experience. Past clients are a great place to start when looking through portfolios. You should also asses their style to see if it is similar to what you envision for your new website.
- Meet them in person: Once you have done your research and looked through portfolios, it is time for a face to face meeting. You will want a web designer that gets you and your brand and meeting them face to face is the best way to do this. You do not want a web designer who will have conflicts with your vision, or vice versa.
- Ask them what they envision for you: A great way to asses whether a web designer understands your company’s goals and vision is to ask them how they would approach the project. If they have a clear sense of your company’s mission and objectives, they will likely have some great ideas to contribute off the bat. If not, it will be immediately obvious in their response. Just because they don’t get your vision does not make them a bad web designer, it just means they may not be the right fit for your businesses specific needs.
- Find out what other services they offer: Many web design companies offer a variety of other services which can be beneficial to your business. They can help with copywriting services, SEO optimization for your website, establishing a digital marketing plan, social media, amongst other things. If you need help with these things, be sure to find a developer that can do all of this. A good example in the Bay Area is Digital Design Solutions.
- Ask about website updates: Before making a final decision, you will want to clarify the process of website updates. This is often boils down to personal preference- some companies like to be in full control of their ability to update their websites, whereas others would rather send the text and photos along to a web designer and have them take care of all of it.
We hope these tips will be useful when you start your search for a website developer for your business.