Despite what some people might think, nonprofit organizations market themselves much like businesses do. Even if their end goal isn’t to make money but instead is to win a campaign or fight for a certain issue, they still need finances to fund their staff and their campaigns. Nonprofits spend a great deal of money each year, but in order to spend it they first have to raise it, and this means reaching out to people, corporations, and other organizations for funding. As you might have expected, in 2016 a good non profit marketing strategy is one that focuses mostly on online marketing.
There are five key things that make up a great non profit marketing strategy, and here they are in no particular order.
1. SEO. When people want to find a charity, they look for one on a search engine. If you want to be found, you need to make sure that search engine finds you when they’re looking. This is achieved through the rather complicated avenue of search engine optimization. It’s a good idea to hire a professional firm to help you out here if you feel like this is over your head.
2. PPC. One of the best things about digital marketing is there’s a form of advertising called pay-per-click, or PPC. It’s an incredible way to market because you get a huge boost in visibility because your ads are all over the Internet; however, you only have to pay for them when someone actually clicks on them.
3. Social media branding. The third thing that your organization must do is fully embrace social media branding. Before you start your social media accounts, you should sit down and decide what your want your focus to be. Do you want your social media branding to be primarily about talking to people who are already donating to keep them around, or do you want to show off the amazing things you do so as to attract new donors? It’s up to you what you want to do, but the big mistake many organizations make is not coming up with a strategy and then just throwing mud at the wall. Avoid this at all costs.
4. Analytics and reporting. It’s one of the best things about digital marketing, so use it.
5. Non profit web design. Finally, the most important thing is probably the design of your website. Everything you do is meant to bring people to it, so make sure that it can seal the deal when they get there. Once again, working with professionals is always advised here.
If you desperately need to find a firm to help you with these five things, you can’t do any better than Nonprofit Marketing Gurus. They have an incredible understanding of not only have these five things will benefit your nonprofit individually, but they understand how to integrate them together to create the most effective nonprofit marketing strategy an organization could ever find. Click on their name to head to their site to learn more, and get started on the path to success today.