Most of the United States has been experiencing warmer temperatures for a couple of months now, but that still doesn’t mean that homeowners have had to turn on their sprinkler systems yet. In fact, since the spring is typically the wettest time of the year for the majority of the country, and this spring has been wetter than most, the vast majority of homeowners still haven’t had their irrigation systems checked out yet because they haven’t had to use them. Of course, the warmer months are coming and with it the drier weather, so it’s probably time to have it checked.
When the irrigation system installation company you work with stops by, make sure they’re thorough in their assessment. You need to make sure that if your system is in need of repairs they get it done before the summer hits. One week of your irrigation system not working properly can be enough to dry out your lawn for the entire year. To ensure that your system works properly you need a highly qualified lawn sprinkler system repair specialist in your corner. To make sure you have the right company, here are five traits they should have.
1. Experience. First, make sure the company you’ve been working with has a great deal of experience. The more years they’ve worked in the irrigation system industry the better their knowledge will be of how to give you the best system out there. They’ll be able to identify problems with your system quickly, will be able to get the work done fast so you don’t have to pay as much, and will know what type of system would be best suited for your particular yard situation. In short, they’ll do a better job.
2. Expertise. Second, you’ll want to find an irrigation company with vast expertise in their field. They should know a great deal more than you about specific types of sprinklers, water pressure, hosing and more.
3. Reputation. Third, make sure the company you work with has a strong reputation. They should be apart of various organizations related to their industry and should have strong reviews and testimonials from their past customers.
4. Variety of services. Fourth, the lawn sprinkler system repair company you work with should offer a wide variety of services. They should be able to check your system in the spring and able to prepare it for winter. They should be able to check on the pressure of the water in your system and make repairs when they are necessary. In short, they should be able to do everything related to your irrigation system.
5. Great rates. Lastly, the company you hire to de-winterize your irrigation system and check your lines should charge you an affordable rate to do so. Compare costs to make sure you aren’t paying 200-300% more than you should be.
Ronco Irrigation out of Great Falls, Virginia is always an excellent choice when you need a high-quality lawn sprinkler system repair professional. In operation since 1971, it’s fair to say that they’ve worked on a few irrigation systems over the years.